Friday, June 4, 2010

Back to Blogging

It's Friday... And I'm home- Not to mention I WAS home... Before midnight.
To say that even I am shocked is an understatement! I stuck to my word despite my friends trying to coerce me to meet them for a cocktail after a birthday party for two of my favorite coworkers! We went to eat at a Spanish tapas restaurant called Donguri in Nishiazabu.

Kanpai! Pre-birthday cheers.


Mini tako (octopus) - far left, in our nabe (hot pot soup). This freaked me out. Is it just me or does this tako resemble a crazy alien?!


The group!


Happy Birthday Midori-chan and Arisa-chan! (Unfortunately I have awful timing and took this post-cake mass destruction)


After dinner at Donguri we went to karaoke for a bit in Nishiazabu at my favorite spot- J&H. This place is so cool! It's a members only karaoke bar tucked away behind the intersection. The location is discreet and you have to slide your card through a slot. Once accepted, the lights suddenly illuminate and the glass door opens. Once inside, there's a large book shelf to your left (something seriously straight out of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe) that suddenly splits and reveals a staircase. The workers then lead you up the staircase to your karaoke room- sleek areas with plush black leather furniture and glass tables. As you can tell, I'm a sucker for the architecture and decor alone. Added to the fact that I love to sing... Well, I'm a sucker. I'll have to take pictures next time - But this was only the second time I've been there. One of the girls requested Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas is You" - which I found hilarious. But I had no complaints and was actually ecstatic since it's my all time favorite Christmas song and my friends and family bar me from listening to Christmas music between December 26 through Thanksgiving every year. All in all tonight was a fun night and good Japanese practice! :)

So let's rewind back a couple days to Wednesday=Hump Day.


A casual drink out our favorite lounge in Juban, NUMBAR, somehow turned into curiously wandering into DIX, getting in without paying cover, finding out we were the only ones in the club and proceeding to take advantage of this by requesting a million songs from the deejay and dancing/sipping champagne. I hate and I mean DETEST going out on weeknights because I am a closet granny like that~ But really... What's not to like about the above situation? It was so much fun!!!


Apparently a casual drink to Miki=Hawaiian shots for everyone. This was gross.





Why are you guys so orange?



The newest accessory trend- VIP ropes

No comments:

Post a Comment