Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ogo's

Ogo's gets it's own post because it is a Hawaiian restaurant and I am an island girl. Many people have raved about this place and told me to go here... It's actually in Akasaka which is where I work so it's a bit outrageous that today was my first time there for lunch.

After weeks of Wednesday rescheduling, Greg (aka oyaji onichan) and I finally got our Ogo's lunch together. He frequents this place so often he knows the owner! The space is tiny but homey. The owner is also the chef and his name is Yoji. He went to Aiea High School. When we walked in he's like "Oh you went Iolani, too?" And I replied, "Oh hell no. The other school. The better one." And he goes, "Oh, Punahou." Haha. Some things never change I guess.

Let's cut the chase... The food... Amazing. And lunch was a good deal (1200 yen). I had the spicy tuna poke over furikake rice and a chicken tomato stew with rice and mac salad! Greg had the three choice - Loco Moco, kalua pig and the stew as well! For dessert we had haupia. SO MUCH FOOD. I stuffed myself silly. I got awfully homesick, though, sitting in there and listening to the Jawaiian music....sigh.

The scene... Hawaiian quilts on the wall, Benny's baseball jersey hung on the wall, lots of UH sporting attire and of course pictures of Colt Brennan. Oh, and lauhala on the walls. Love it.
Our lunch!!!

I already want to go back for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment