Seems like a great time to start a Tokyo blog.
I'm bringing back the trite "25 things" since being in Tokyo:
- Recently learned that 44•C=112•F. I like to take at least 112• showers and baths.
- 日本のビールが好きだ。I like Japanese beer... Specifically Kirin ZERO, about 45 calories a can. But after one I'm already full.
- Today, Thursday, January 14, 2009 was my first 12-hour day of work... EVER. Woo. Hoo.
- 毎日おでんを食べられる。I could eat oden everyday.
- ESTINATION. Comme de Garcons. Loveless. TopShop.
- I just looove my little apartment in Azabujuban.
- Hate the cold... But oddly I think I'm acclimating.
- Not a fan of the touch screen...Sorry Android, I can't wait to get back together with Blackberry.
- Somehow, I mastered the art of painting my left hand nails.
- New obsession: Tights.
- I'm not messy here. d(^.^)b
- But minus work, I'm still never on time here. (>.<)
- I love my bosses and coworkers.
- 初詣の時に、大吉もらった！Lucky, lucky.
- Febreze is my immediate best friend post smoky restaurant/bar/lounge/club outings.
- Mont Thabor Bakery Hokkaido Milk Bread... SOOOO GOOD. And dangerous. 3 blocks from my house. But SOYS CAFE, bar none, is my favorite place in Azabujuban.
- Maduro, New York Grill Bar, Two Rooms, Manhattan Lounge. 行こう？We go?
- I love walking. Especially in boots.
- What would I do without my iTouch? Beyonce-Sweet Dreams, Jay-Z&Alicia-Empire State of Mind, The Shoes-People Movin', Melody-I Miss You, Biggie Remix-Party in the USA, Ke$ha-Tik Tok, BEP-Meet Me Halfway, Fleetwood Mac-Over My Head.
- Did you know party is spelt T-O-K-Y-O? I didn't. Learned fast.
- So many holidays here! Love it!
- "By the way, do you have furniture in your apartment besides the piles of fashion magazines and bed?"
- Still no refrigerator.
- Since I couldn't open a bank account at the time, my first paycheck was a wad of cash. Talk about feeling like a drug dealer.
- Life could not be more perfect.